Welcome to Hope for Hurting Hearts

We all experience trials. Sometimes the trials are merely inconveniences that get in the way of our daily routine. Other times they create havoc in our lives, and bring chaos or distress. And sometimes they are life-stopping; completely altering the way we view life, plan for the future, and even get through the day. This blogsite is dedicated to people who have experienced difficulties and trauma in their lives. It is dedicated to lifting up those who are hurting emotionally, physically, mentally and socially. You may be in the midst of traumatic experiences, or you may be in the long process of healing. It is my desire to bring encouragement, insight, and hope to your hurting heart.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Isaiah 53 JESUS KNOWS OUR STRUGGLES

“He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all” (Isaiah 53: 3-6 NIV).


Scripture Reading: Isaiah 53, Romans 3:23 and 6:23

Jesus knows our struggles. “He was a man of sorrows, familiar with suffering.” He knows exactly what we are going through today, what we experienced in the past, and everything we will experience in the future. He walks with us through the dark and miserable times as well as the beautiful times. Jesus holds us in his hands with love and empathy; but he does not stop there. He died an agonizing death to set us free from the horrible consequences of sin, to cleanse us, heal us, and make us whole. He bore all of our pain, distress and sin on the cross.

Why is it so important that we be clean and holy? Because we cannot have fellowship with him without being completely righteous. He is pure and holy, and we must be holy and pure to enjoy friendship with him. Our wrongdoings separate us from the Lord. Isaiah 59:2 explains that our sins have separated us from God. Yet Jesus is our righteousness if we believe and ask him into our lives. 2Corinthians 5:21 tells us, “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

It is amazing! Our Lord longed to have fellowship with us. He desired to pour his love and life into us and be with us forever. He wanted to have an intimate relationship with us so much, that he was tortured on the cross to set us free from sin. Isaiah 53 describes Jesus as being pierced, crushed, wounded, oppressed, afflicted, stricken, and a guilt offering for all mankind. He did all this so we can be in his presence. He took upon himself all of our infirmities and sorrows, so we can experience his amazing love and healing.

We can feel unworthy and undeserving during times of anxiety, depression, physical limitations and chronic pain. Traumatic experiences, such as child abuse and domestic violence, often cause us to feel dirty and ashamed. Yet God thought us worthwhile enough to give his life for us, and to live in us with all his righteousness and healing power.

Are you hurting today? Do you feel unworthy of love, or ashamed of who you are or have become? Let Jesus come inside, wash you white as snow, and heal you. Let him fill you with his love. Sometimes he heals us quickly, sometimes healing comes as a journey, and occasionally it comes through endurance and long perseverance. Yet no matter how the healing comes, Jesus walks with us and fills us with his strength and comfort each step of the way. He draws close to us, smiling upon us in love, yet always feeling our suffering.



Prayer:

Lord, I so easily forget that you love me so much that you suffered and died for me. I lose sight of who you are, and go the wrong way. I forget that you make me clean. Instead, I am consumed with shame, anxiety, and feel dirty and unworthy. Please forgive me for my sins Lord. Fill me to overflowing with the knowledge of your incredible love for me. Thank you for holding me in your loving arms and guiding me.

7 comments:

  1. Feel free to post a comment. Let me know how this blog touched your life. You can also email me at sandygroom@gmail.com

    The Lord Bless You,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes he heals us quickly, sometimes healing comes as a journey, and occasionally it comes through endurance and long perseverance. Sandy, this is such an awesmoe devotional about our growth with the LORD. I can remember one particular night praying at my job. My wife and I own a cleaning business and she does the houses and I do the commercial side of it. I work late and one night as I was working and listening to some worship music the Lord began to do something inside of me through His healing. I began to just cry before the Lord. I said, "Lord, what is this I'm feeling?" He said, "Son, I'm dealing with hurts and trauma from the past." I began to think about that refining as gold. In the refining of gold all of the dross comes to the top. I felt like the Lord said, "Son, don't drown in the dross, but let my perfect work heal you." So many times we have so many hurts and when God tries to heal us we jerk away not knowing what to do. It's like someone who has never been loved and someone reaches out to them with Love and they don't know how to react. Good blog Sandy.

    God bless,
    Keith Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Keith for your comment. I love your illustration of the dross, and your holding on to the Lord's refining process. Even when we are afraid, consumed with emotion, or jerk away from the Lord, he doesn't leave or abandon us. He is so patient with us. He continues to draw us to him, making and molding us all along the way.

    I can't wait to see the end product of that refining process when we get to heaven. To be in his presence as the completely beautiful people he has made us to be is more wonderful than we can ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice blog sandy god bless you, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I'm going through many of these issues
    as well..

    Here is my page ... looking for a job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and very inspirational.. Brought tears to my eyes for good is doing exactly what he needs to do in my life.. Cleansing me.. Shedding the unwanted pieces I don't need as he says he's the Potter and we are the clay!! Thank you Jesus when you take the wheel!! You're everything I need in my life and through perseverance I will grow closer to God!! Amen

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Please share your feeback, thoughts, or prayer requests here in the comment section. You can also email me with prayer requests at sandygroom@gmail.com
The Lord Bless You